Sonny has made his way out to Prince Rupert once again this year and he is slammin the Chinooks! If you are looking for fishing tips on how to fish the Rupert area Sonny is your guy! Sonny and his crew have been fishing the Rupert Channel. Near the end of June the winds were blowing hard and the waves were kicking up. The rough waters ignited the salmon to start to bite fiercely. With Sonny’s tuned in captain skills he was able to keep the vessel away from the seawalls and into the strike zone. Spring Salmon over the 30lbs range have not been uncommon this year. The Sue Channel has also been producing well for Sonny, not to mention the view of the waterfalls are spectacular!
One of Sonny’s favorite things to do after a great day pf Spring Salmon fishing is to cook up his catch and share with his crew. Here is one of his favorite recipes, easy but very tasty!
1) Clean and dampen the fillet with paper towel.
2) Spread butter onto fillet like you would a piece of bread.
3) Sprinkle lemon pepper evenly over the fillet.
4) Preheat over to 350F. For a fillet from a 7 pound fish bake on the bottom rack for 22 minutes. Fish that are thicker than one inch, bake for 25 to 20 minutes. Watch not to over cook it!
5) Serve with a nice glass of white wine and early summer greens. ENJOY!
For more of Sonny’s reports check out Sonny’s Fishing Friends or GETFSHN with Sonny Tight lines!