Spring time is here and it’s time for some light fresh meal ideas that can be enjoyed on the patio! Here is a quick and easy idea for a Blackened Salmon Burger that will be a hit with your friends and family!
- Fillet of Salmon, sockeye works best! (pin bones removed, leave skin on)
- Fresh Buns – your choice
- Cajun Spice or Blacken Spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Mayo
- 1 Fresh lemon
- 1 table spoon of Capers (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red Onion
- Green leaf lettuce
- 1 Fresh Tomato
- 1 English cucumber
- Heat cast iron pan on stove top on medium high & preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut Salmon Fillet into preferred patty sizes.
- Cover salmon meat with olive oil and then generously cover salmon with Cajun spice.
- Place the Salmon skin side facing up into the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes to blacken the outer layer.
- Flip salmon over with skin side down and place into oven for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender
(Tip: Leaving the skin on while the salmon cooks will help keep the fish moist and not dry out. Remove skin before serving)
- Mix mayo, capers and the juice from 1 lemon into a mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper & garlic powder to preferred taste.
- Take a vegetable peeler and peel thin strips from the cucumber length wise.
- Slice tomato and red onion into thin slices.
- Wash & prepare the lettuce.
Putting Your Burger Together:
- Coat each side of your bun with the mayo, lemon and caper sauce. Add veggies to the bun.
- Take the salmon out of oven (be sure to let it rest for 3-5 minutes) and place onto bun, leaving the skin in the pan.
- Serve with a spring arugula or kale side salad & corn on the cob.
- Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and of course a Bone Beer pairs well with this delicious meal!